This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SamsungTargetTech #CollectiveBias
If I don’t get to all of the holiday baking that’s okay. If the teachers at school receive gift cards instead of something creative they will probably be happier anyways, right?
1. Learn How to Use the Camera Controls.
No longer is it necessary to lug around my bulky DSLR camera when I want a beautiful photo. My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has 7 camera modes; my favorite being Pro, although I’ve also been able to capture some great shots in auto mode. The low light dual pixel camera with live focus compensates beautifully in darker rooms.
And would you like 2 tips for shooting great pictures with the phone on your camera?
- Every camera comes with a zoom feature, but if you really want clarity, zoom in with your body—not your phone. Get up close to your subject if you can and you’ll get a better shot!
- Crop and edit! It used to be that cropping pictures taken on your phone resulted in fuzzy, low resolution images. Not anymore. The images that come from your phone cameras now are often higher quality than any point and shoot camera you’ll find. The photo editor pro on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 even lets me edit my photos by adjusting the lighting and color, add fun stickers and effects. So crop and edit away!
It takes a little while to sit down and become familiar with the settings so that they become second nature, but now I can easily capture my family’s activities and the excitement of Christmas morning with my pocket sized camera and 4k video capabilities.
So play around with what your phone has to offer and ditch the big camera bag when cutting down your tree or checking out Christmas lights!
2. Let You Phone Become Your Personal Secretary.
3. Make Lists and Check Them Twice.
And since I no longer own any cookbooks, and rely on my favorite bookmarked websites, it’s nice to have everything at the ready. I use my phone to look up holiday cookie recipes, find new recipes, and scroll through ingredient lists while I bake.
Some of the fun holiday traditions that we have as a family are new pajamas for the kids and letting each child pick out a new ornament to add to there tree. We also add to our holiday movie and book collection. These are our favorite things to bring out of storage every year!
Click here to find the perfect phone for for the holidays and new year!
Enter to win a Samsung Galaxy Note8 or one of many other gift card prizes!