This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VTechBaby #CollectiveBias
3. A New Car Seat Obviously a car seat is essential when bringing baby home from the hospital. We have a couple that we are looking at. Nothing fancy, but ones with great reviews. Since it’s been 5 years since our last baby, we decided to get a new one even though ours still has a little time before it expires.
4. Diapers & Wipes. (obviously)
5. Cloth Diapers for Burp Cloths One of the best tips we received when our first was born was to use cloth diapers for burp cloths. I’ve made cute burp clothes out of flannel, but they aren’t as absorbant as the plain white, unfolded, burp cloths that you can get in packages of 10. You’re welcome!
6. Pacifiers. All of mine have used a pacifier for varying lengths of time so I usually bring one to the hospital with me just in case.
7. A New Stroller. The stroller that we had was 13 years old! It was one of the best purchases we made and lasted us forever, but I’d like one that I can latch an infant seat inside of. Yeah, ours was so old that it wasn’t an option then, ha!
8. Bassinet. We kept our crib for sentimental reasons so we are all set when baby moves out of our room, but for now, we are picking up a bassinet. The kind that slides up and partially into our bed. This will make night feedings so much easier.
9. Portable swing/chair. I picked up a portable rocker that doesn’t take up much space, but will work great for letting me sneak a shower or make dinner downstairs.
When my brother and his wife had their baby girl a year ago I noticed that they had a video monitor in her room. It even had night vision. I was in awe. I remember thinking, “Um, where were those when I had babies?” I have a feeling they were around, but not to the point that they were affordable for the average mom and dad. Instead of running upstairs to check on her every time they heard a sound through the monitor, they could easily take a peak on the screen and see that she was perfectly fine and that going in to check on her would probably be more of a disturbance than anything else.