Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet Cake!

Derrick is the Cub Master at our church and asked me to make a cake for the Blue & Gold Banquet.
 I used this photo as my guide and pretty much copied it. It was a great resource. Everything is edible except for the blue and white cub scout badge.
 It most definitely isn’t perfect  (the fondant and I had a little battle…it won), but I love how it turned out in the end, and think the boys will like it tomorrow night too!
The “Get Your Brag On” Link Party is open until Saturday night, so join in!!

Comments

That’s awesome!! I love the little stitch marks! And more than anything I love that it’s for tomorrow night and you’re already done!! Every time I have a cake order I feel like I’m down to the last minutes trying to get it done! Great job!

This is absolutely the most awesomely wonderful thing I have ever seen! I have four eagle scouts,and NEVER was there ever anything this nice at their Blue and Gold Banquets…and I attended 12! Just superb!!!

We just had our B&G but wow, was your cubmaster totally blown away or what??!!! You will be the talk and go to cake person you know that right?!

That is definitely the coolest scout cake I have ever seen…and I’ve seen a lot! Can’t you win money for something like that somewhere? You should totally look into it. :)

Fantastic job. I’m sure the boys were all impressed – I know my son’s troop would be (masters and moms too). No one will notice the fondant. The details are incredible. Next cake boss, eh?

What a wonderful job you did! Trust me, as a fondant user in the past, I know how difficult it can be! You should be proud! I think we all know what a cake like that would of cost from a bakery! :) – Karen

WOWSERS! This is INCREDIBLE! I would be affraid to eat this outstanding work of art! But I am sure it tastes as good as it looked!