Summer Minion Tote Bag Tutorial
Time Needed: 1 hour
Sewing Level: Easy
Fabric: Bottom weight fabric (sturdy apparel fabric) or duck cloth.
Seam Allowance: 1/4″
(2) 14″x12″ Yellow (body)
(2)12″x 5″ Blue (overalls)
(2) 5″x23″ Blue (handles)
(1) 14″x2″ Black (goggle headband)
(2) 4″ circles, Grey (goggles)
(2) 3″ circles, White (eyes)
(2) 1″ circles, Black (eyes)
Fabric scrap, felt, or black fabric paint for mouth, teeth, other details
Fusible webbing, optional
4. Fold top pieces over 1/2″. Press. Fold over again and stitch.
5. With right sides facing, sew front and pack pieces together on 3 sides, leaving top open. Trim close to seam.
6. Take the bottom seam and the side seam and squeeze them both together, so you create a right triangle. Measure 2 1/2″ and pin to mark the spot.
8. Almost done! Time to make the straps. Fold each strap piece in half and stitch along the side, creating a long tube. Turn right side out. (I like using the safety pin trick to turn straps right side out).
9. Finish bottom and top of each handle with a zig zag stitch or fold under and stitch.
10. Measure 2″ from the side seams of the bag and pin one end of the handle there. Repeat for the other handle ends.
11. Stitch handle pieces to bag in a boxed shape for stability.
These cute characters are perfect to hang on backpacks or tote bags.
You might also like….
Minion Wrappers! from HaleGrafx.com
These printable wrappers were perfect for the birthday treats I brought to Ruby’s class. A minion wrapped Twinkie + a $.38 clearance crayons from Target = super fun and EASY handouts!