Create a personalized ABC book full of photos of family and your child’s favorite things! I’ll even show you how to bind it yourself!
If you like this project you’ll love this DIY photo collage canvas!
This little gal loves photo albums. She found her baby book and was just giddy, sitting on my lap, going through the pages. I don’t mind her looking at her scrapbook, but I wanted something that was durable and that she could carry around with her. And so I made her a Personalized ABC Book filled with photos of the people and things she loves! It was so fun and she was a great helper with the photos.
Personalized ABC Book
How To Make a Personalized ABC Book
- binding tool (or hole punch and rings)
- paper cutter
- card stock 12" x 12"
- photo adhesive
- glue stick
- letter stickers or die cuts
- laminating sheets
- Save one photo for each letter of the alphabet onto your computer.
- Save each photo by the letter it represents to keep things simple. (A-photo of apple, B-photo of brother, etc.)
- Use a photo editor (Picmonkey is free!)to add text below each photo. Crop and style your photos, fonts, and colors however you'd like!
- Print on card stock. For simplicity, print 4 to a page (3.5" x 5")
- Cut each cardstock sheet into 4 (6x6") squares.
- Attach photos and laminate each page.
- Bind the alphabet book using a hole punch and rings or a binding tool (see notes)
(You can check out the binding tool that I have by clicking here.)
Ruby was right there as I finished the book and squealed, “It’s me!”
This page is her favorite. When she finished looking at her book, she took it to Daddy to read to her again and she said, “It’s my favorite book!”
I love going through it too. I made one online at Christmas time for my 5 year old and formatting it was a nightmare. Maybe it was the company I used, but it just wasn’t fun to make at all! Then I misplaced it in the house and can’t find it. I was so disappointed on Christmas morning to not have the book to give to her so I am going to make her one like I did for Ruby.
I made one just like this (except with the rings binding it) for my oldest son 7 years ago and we still like looking through it!