These red, white, and blue mini fruit pizzas are a fun and easy patriotic dessert using summer fruits. Assemble them ahead of time or let guests make their own!
The perfect summer dessert! You could make a large one and cut it up, but these mini fruit pizzas are fun! I always buy too much fruit, especially at road side stands, and this is a great way to use it up before it gets too ripe. Mini fruit pizzas are so easy to whip up and are always a hit. Make a big batch and bring them to your next summer potluck or get-together!
More summer recipes you’ll want to try!
Red, White, and Blue Mini Fruit Pizzas
Ruby and Kaylee helped me make a big batch to bring to our BBQ with cousins. They did such a great job, making each cookie unique. We stuck with blueberries and strawberries, but bananas are another great patriotic themed fruit.
Mini Fruit Pizzas (Cookie and Frosting Recipes Below)
Red, White and Blue Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- strawberries and blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, shortening and sugar. Beat until fluffy. Turn mixer down and add egg, vanilla and almond extract. Add baking powder. Sift in and flour and cornstarch until mixed thoroughly (1-2 minutes).
- Lightly flour your working surface and shape dough into a large ball.
- No refrigeration necessary.
- Roll dough out to desired thickness (I usually do 1/4- 3/8″) and cut into shapes. Add flour to dough if it feels too sticky but a nice soft dough is what you want. Carefully transfer cut out cookie shapes with a spatula to a baking sheet.
- Bake on baking sheets at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Let sit on baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully moving to a cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cookies and add sliced fruit.
Can You Make These Cookies Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make the mini fruit pizzas a few hours in advance, but hold off on adding the fruits like bananas or others that will brown quickly until right before ready to serve.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
About 3 dozen (4″) sugar cookies.
What are the best frosting recipes to use for mini fruit pizzas?
Marshmallow Fluff and Cream Cheese Frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. marshmallow fluff
Beat the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff with an electric mixer until fluffy. Spread over cooled cookies.
Buttercream Sugar Cookie Frosting
1/2 c. butter, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3-4 T. milk
Beat or whisk ingredients until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies.
Here is a collection of the best fruit recipes to try from Taste of Home.