Watch our step by step video!
Our go to date night stop is Three Amigos, a local Mexican restaurant. Like most Mexican restaurants, they bring out hot chips and homemade salsa as soon as you sit down at the table. Our blender salsa recipe tastes just like the salsa from Three Amigos and is SO easy to customize to your liking.
What is blender salsa? It tastes fresh, but differs from Pico de Gallo because you used canned tomatoes instead of fresh. Everything is put into a blender and pulsed until smooth. It really is that easy.
Blender Salsa Ingredients
- Canned tomatoes: you can use crushed, diced or whole tomatoes—they’re all going to end up blended so it doesn’t matter. I like using ROTEL which is a blend of canned tomatoes and green chilies.
- Jalapeno: use 1-2 jalapeno peppers. If you like spicy salsa, leave the seeds in. If you prefer more of a mild/medium salsa remove the seeds. I use 1 jalapeno with seeds when I make blender salsa.
- Lime Juice: fresh or bottled
- Cilantro: stems removed
- Sugar: you can omit this if you want, but I highly suggest leaving it in. It balances out the salsa beautifully.
Blender Salsa Recipe
- 28 oz can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper roughly chopped (with seeds)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 c. cilantro leaves
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and pulse to combine. Serve with tortilla chips.