These soft sugar cookies melt in your mouth, and are even better with marshmallow creme frosting! No chilling or rolling required.
You might also like these delicious sugar cookie bars. All the deliciousness of a sugar cookie, without any shaping or rolling!
Soft Sugar Cookies With Marshmallow Frosting
Soft Sugar Cookies With Marshmallow Creme Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme
- 2 cup powdered sugar SIFTED
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- To make nice fluffy cookie dough, keep your kitchen mixer going the entire time. Beat butter until nice and fluffy, continue to beat (lowering speed) and add in sugars.
- Stop mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, followed by vanilla and almond extract, then oil. Add baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Roll dough into walnut sized balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 11 minutes, or until bottoms are slightly brown.
- Cool 1 minute on pan and transfer to a rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together using an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla, milk, and marshmallow creme and mix well.
- If you want a thicker frosting add a bit more powdered sugar. If you'd like it thinner, add more milk 1 tsp. at a time.
- Spread or pipe over cookies.
This is an update of a post originally shared in 2012.