A two-sided tissue holder pouch is perfect for cold and flu season. One side can hold a pack of tissues, the other side can hold a mini bottle of sanitizer and a lip gloss! Watch our video tutorial or scroll down for a step by step photo tutorial!
Watch our step by step video!
For 60 more sewing projects, check out my sewing book for kids!
How to sew a two-sided tissue holder for your purse or backpack.
- Fabric Scraps
- Measuring Tape
- Tissue Pouch (2×4.5″) (affiliate)
- PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer
- Lip gloss, optional
Directions to make a fabric tissue holder.
1. Cut your fabrics. You will need 1 main fabric for the body and 1 contrasting fabric for the pocket.
Body: (cut 2) 5 3/4″ x 7 1/2″
Pocket: (cut 1) 4″ x 7 1/2″
Seam allowance 1/4″
5. Pin sides and stitch both sides closed, leaving the top and bottom open.
7. Press seams flat.
9. Fold the top down 1 3/4″.
12. Stitch sides closed and trim close to seam.
13. Turn right side out.
You’re going to love this double-sided tissue holder so much you’ll want to make a few more to keep on hand for gifts!
This post was sponsored by GOJO Industries, the makers of Purel and contains affiliate links. This post is a refresh of my original tutorial, first shared in 2015.
You might also like…