Lollipop trees are so fun to make and are great for so many occasions! Whip up one or two, or three for your family in no time…they would also be a great gift for a teacher to put on their desk too. We made a set of three trees a couple of years ago and my piano students enjoyed taking treats off of them after their lessons each week.
1. Supplies Needed:
A terracotta pot
Styrofoam Balls (domes would work too!)Lollipops (a big bag)
Acrylic or Spray Paint
Clear Spray Paint
2. Paint your pots however you’d like. Spray paint or acrylic paint both work great. Let dry and apply a coat of clear spray paint to seal.
3. Apply a thick line of hot glue to the rim of the pot.
4. Add your Styrofoam ball/dome and press firmly.
5. Begin poking your lollipops into the Styrofoam, placing them close together. It is a bit deceiving when you start. It doesn’t seem like you’ll need very many, but it took over 120 lollipops to fill up this one ball.
6. Find a great spot to display your cute lollipop tree!
Here is a quick flash back to the ones I made in 2011.