Blueberries, freshly squeezed lemons, and cold butter are the key ingredients to this deliciously light and fluffy blueberry scones recipe. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of herbal tea on a cold morning! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Blueberry Scones Recipe with Lemon Icing
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. COLD butter, grated
1 c. blueberries
3/4 c. milk
1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 zest of a lemon
2 T. butter, melted
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 1/4 c. powdered sugar sifted
2 tsp. corn syrup
The key to a perfect scones recipe is all in the butter. Grate your COLD butter with a cheese grater and add it to your flour mixture.
Slice into 8 triangles.
Brush with melted butter.
Combine ingredients and drizzle over scones.
The lemon icing is the perfect accompaniment to the sweet blueberries in this blueberry scones recipe.
Blueberry Scones With Lemon Icing
- 2 1/4 c . all purpose flour
- 2 t . baking powder
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/4 c . sugar
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 c . COLD butter grated
- 1 c . blueberries
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c . milk
- 1 T . fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 2 T . butter melted
- 1/2 c . fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 c . powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tsp . corn syrup
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Add lemon zest. Set aside.
- The key to perfect scones is all in the butter. Grate your COLD butter with a cheese grater and add it to your flour mixture.
- Mash with pastry cutter or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Beat egg, milk, and lemon juice with a fork in a small bowl. Stir into flour/blueberry mixture.
- Gently turn out dough on a floured surface and roll into a 12″ round disc with a rolling pin. You don’t need to knead or work the dough. The less you handle the dough, the better. Flour your hands or rolling pin if you need to since it is a sticky dough.
- Slice into 8 triangles.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cool 15 minutes before drizzling with lemon icing.
- For the icing: Combine ingredients and drizzle over scones.