The easiest lemon loaf recipe! Made with the ease of a cake mix and homemade lemon icing, it is absolutley delicious. You’ll love this cake!
You might also like our lemon sugar cookies! Our famous bakery style sugar cookies taken up a notch with a delicious lemon frosting and lemon wedge.
Watch our step by step video!
Easy Lemon Loaf
If you’ve been around for a minute, you know how much I love lemons. You also know that I rarely make cakes from scratch. Why go through the effort when boxed cake mixes work amazingly well?
I took a series of cake decorating classes years ago, and one of the biggest takeaways that I got from my instructor was that boxed cake mixes are the way to go 90% of the time. She shared several tips for doctoring up a cake mix to make it your own and I’ve found it super helpful over the years! This lemon cake is no exception. Our lemon loaf is ridiculously easy to make with the aid of a lemon cake mix, but don’t worry—-you still get ALL THE CREDIT.
- lemon cake mix
- sour cream
Lemon Frosting Ingredients
- lemon juice
- powdered sugar
Baking your loaf couldn’t be easier. Mix the ingredients together using an electric mixer. Stir in sour cream. Bake for about an hour in a loaf pan then let the pan cool for 10 minutes before removing the loaf and letting it cool completely on a rack.
More lemon recipes you’ll love!
Easy Lemon Loaf Recipe
Easy Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with non stick cooking spray. Line bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- Stir cake mix, oil, water and eggs together. Beat with electric mixer 1 minute.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.Bake for 55-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it is done.
- Let loaf cool 10 minutes. Run butter knife around edges of loaf and pan. Turn pan over to remove cake. Peel off parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Mix butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar togehter. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Frost top of lemon loaf. Refrigerate until set.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!