If you like Round Table Pizza’s bread twists you’ll LOVE our cheesy ranch garlic twists! Buttery, cheesy and delicious. This recipe makes 8 giant garlic twists! This post was originally shared in 2014 and has since been updated to include a video.
You might also like our parmesan garlic breadsticks—a staple in our home!
Watch our step by step video!
My kids love pizza. Me? I could go either way. What I really love are the garlic ranch twists from Round Table pizza. Cheesy, loaded with garlic, and sometimes they have bacon or ranch. They are so good! I came up with my own version that our family really enjoys. And they are so much more affordable too!
Cheesy Ranch Garlic Twists
You’ll need a batch of your favorite pizza dough. The one I’m using is adapted from Bobby Flay. You’ll also need ranch dressing, butter, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Once you’ve prepared the dough, roll it out. Spread with a mixture of butter, ranch dressing, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold the dough in half and slice into 8 sections.
Give each section a twist.
Place on a greased baking sheet, brush with garlic butter, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Brush with more garlic powder and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Optional: Serve with ranch and marinara for dipping. These literally melt in your mouth with all of that buttery goodness.
Cheesy Ranch Garlic Twists Recipe
Cheesy Ranch Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup softened butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder minced
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine water, sugar and yeast. Let sit until bubbly (about 5 minutes).
- Add oil and salt. Stir in flour.
- Mix until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together. Knead dough on a floured surface for 1-2 minutes.
- Grease bowl with a small amount of olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour.
- While dough is resting, mix softened butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Divide in half, spooning out half into another bowl. You'll use that later.Stir in ranch dressing to the first bowl. That will be your spread for the garlic sticks.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14x16" rectangle.
- Spread your garlic/ranch/butter mixture evenly across dough.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough in half and slice into 8 strips using a pizza cutter.
- Pick up each breadstick with one hand on the top and one hand on the bottom and give it a couple of twists. Set on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Remember that bowl of butter mixture that you set aside? Go ahead and microwave it until it is melted. Brush on breadsticks.
- Bake breadsticks for 22-25 minutes. Brush again with melted butter mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.