How To Make Cute as a Button Chocolate Buttons
- Chocolate mold: the chocolate molds that I used are no longer available, but this silicone chocolate button mold would work perfectly. Silicone is easier to work with and washes up nicely.
- Melting chocolates: I like the Wilton and Ghirardelli brands and used brown, turquoise and white.
- Disposable candy piping bags: these can be used in the microwave to melt chocolate in. Easy.
Step 1: Fill disposable candy piping bag 1/2 way with melting chocolates. Melt for 30 seconds in the microwave. Work chocolate bag with your fingers to press and mix melting chocolate. Microwave for an additional 10 seconds at a time, if necessary.
Step 2: Place chocolate molds on a baking sheet.
Step 3: Cut the tip off of the piping bag using a pair of scissors and fill each button hole with melted chocolate.
Step 4: Gently lift the baking sheet and tap it against the counter to even out the chocolate and remove air bubbles.
Step 5: Refrigerate until hardened.
Cute as a Button Baby Shower Coconut Cupcakes
Coconut Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar sifted
- 2 Tbsp. milk or water
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Put coconut flakes into a food processor and pulse until finely shredded. Wisk into dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and beat.
- Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with coconut milk and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
- Place ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat. Scrape sides, then continue beating until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes.
This post is a refresh of a post originally shared in 2010.