Watch our step by step video!
Easy Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Ingredients
- ground beef (I prefer ground turkey)
- Italian seasoning
- brown sugar
- crushed tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- pasta: you can use broken lasagna noodles or any type of small pasta
You can eat the soup as soon as it finishes simmering, but I highly recommend ladling it into oven ready bowls or ramekins (these are the bowls that I have), topping them with cheese and placing them under the broiler for a few minutes. Now it looks like lasagna!
I like serving it with breadsticks or slices of baguettes that have been buttered and toasted.
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 32 oz. box chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 broken lasagna noodles or 2 cups small pasta
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large stock pot, combine ground beef (or turkey), onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned and crumbles. Drain well.
- Stir in brown sugar, broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add noodles, and simmer until noodles are tender (about 15 minutes). Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into 6 to 8 ovenproof bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with 1/4-1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Broil soups, 6-inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly.