This slow cooker taco soup is the easiest taco soup recipe that you’ll ever make. Pour 2 cans of everything into your slow cooker with a pound of ground beef and a few packets of seasoning and you are done!
This soup would be delicious served with our 1-hour dinner rolls or cornbread muffins!
Watch our step by step video!
I love dinners that can be made in the morning on busy days. This is a delicious recipe that can be placed in a crock pot and ready for dinner when you want it to be. It’s amazing how much flavor comes from these simple ingredients. It’s filling, full of fiber, and makes delicious leftovers too!
I love how versatile it is. Go through your cupboard and use any variety of canned beans, diced tomatoes (Rotel) or corn that you have.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
There is very little prep involved!
- ground turkey
- taco seasoning
- ranch dressing/dip mix
- chicken broth
- minced onion (dried or fresh)
- canned hominy or corn (frozen or canned)
- canned black beans/pinto beans (any combination)
- canned chili beans
- Rotel (diced tomatoes and chilies)
Brown 1 pound of ground turkey or beef with minced onion in a large skillet. Drain meat, if necessary, and add to the slow cooker.
Sprinkle with taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix.
Add chili beans.
Add hominy and beans.
You can totally use corn if you’d prefer, and when it comes to beans—any variety is fine!
Pour chicken broth over ingredients and stir.
Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours.
Serve with corn tortilla chips, tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream, green onions, black olives, or ANY other toppings you’d like.
Store leftovers in the fridge or freeze in containers. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.
Combine ingredients* in large stock pot. Simmer on med-low 30-45 minutes.
*Cook ground turkey/beef before adding the rest of the ingredients.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
The EASIEST Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef browned
- 1 onion diced
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2 packets taco seasoning (1/3 c. if using bulk taco seasoning)
- 2 cans chili beans in sauce
- 2 cans Rotel (tomatoes and green chiles)
- 2 cans beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans hominy or corn drained
- 4 cups chicken broth (1 box)
- Brown turkey with minced onion. Drain. Pour into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and dry ranch seasoning.
- Add chili beans.
- Add Rotel.
- Drain hominy and beans. Add to slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over ingredients and stir to mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
I love this recipe, particularly because you are the only one who used hominy with the beans or suggested hominy which soaks up all the delicious flavor.
Canned hominy is easily found.
I love hominy!! 🙂