Turn a washcloth into a cozy little puppy friend with this simple washcloth puppy tutorial! Make a few of them to give as gifts. Kids LOVE these little washcloth puppies. They are so easy to make and are so cute. Decorate with eyes, a ribbon collar, and make the puppy out of any color of washcloth that you’d like! This post contains an affiliate link.
Watch our step by step video!
Both of my girls are little puppy lovers. Especially Kaylee. From her backpack for school to the drawings she doodles in her free time—it’s all puppy themed. She even had a puppy birthday party last year with her friends. We made these little puppies out of washcloths and they were a huge hit! I found the idea from a Girl Called Kim and we made them our own with these cute little face details. We’ve made four of them now and the girls want to go back and get more washcloths to make them in a rainbow of colors!
More easy no-sew projects for kids:
Washcloth Puppy Tutorial
Each washcloth puppy comes together in about 10 minutes!
While my girls enjoy sewing, I’m always on the lookout for a quick and easy no-sew project for kids like this one. Once that they can make together! We matched their eyes, coloring, and collars to make two washcloth puppies like the ones from the Disney Junior show, Puppy Dog Pals.
No-Sew Puppy Washcloth Pals
- Felt in a variety of colors
- 1 washcloth for each puppy
- Clothespins or chip clips
- 1 rubber band for each puppy
- Craft eyes
- Pom Poms
- Black fabric paint
- Craft glue or hot glue
- Collect supplies.
- Lay your washcloth on a flat surface. If your washcloth doesn't have a solid center line, mark the center with a pin.
- Roll tightly from one side, all the way to the center. Clip into place.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Turn over so that the rolls are in the back. Fold up 1/3.
- Fold down the top section so that your washcloth is now folded into thirds.
- Wrap with a rubber band, about 1" from the bottom.
- Pull one layer of rubber band up and over to the top, creating a separation for a face.
- In the last photo, you'll see the rubber band on the top.
- Cut out an earpiece on the fold of your felt.
- Open it flat.
- The washcloth head has two holes running through it. Slide a finger through one to open it up a bit.
- Push earpiece through the hole and out to the other side.
- Add felt pieces to create a face. Glue on craft eyes and add a ribbon for a collar.
- Glue a small pom onto the back for a tail.
Add a mouth using craft paint. Let dry completely!
Oh my goodness, right? They are so cute and such a fun no-sew craft for kids!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior.