Warm brownie bites are topped with a chocolate peanut butter heart to create the most decadent treat! The perfect bitesized peanut butter brownie bites.
Watch our step by step video!
If you like the brownie bites that your local grocery store sells in the bakery section you will love our brownie bites! As an added bonus they are each topped with a Reese’s peanut butter heart. Seriously, SO GOOD.
If you’ve been here for a minute you already know how much I love boxed cake and brownie mixes. They are so easy to doctor up and make your own. That being said, these brownie bites come together so quickly and are super easy to make from scratch.
Brownie Bite Ingredients
You’ll need butter, chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder and flour. You’ll also need 36 peanut butter heart candies. These are the ones that I used. They are the perfect size for these brownie bites.
If you can’t find peanut butter hearts, mini peanut butter cups are a great option!
The hearts are placed on each brownie bite as soon as they come out of the oven. Then the entire pan is placed in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process and help the hearts keep their shape.
Don’t try removing the brownie bites from the pan while they are warm. These need to cool COMPLETELY in the pan. Run a sharp knife around the edges and they’ll pop right out.
I like using a non-stick baking spray that contains flour to coat my pans when baking. You can also use line your pan with mini muffin liners.
This recipe makes 36 peanut butter brownie bites.
- You can totally use a boxed brownie mix.
- Refrigerate brownie after placing a peanut butter candy on top to speed up the cooling process and help the candy keep its shape.
- Let brownie bites cool completely before removing from pan.
Favorite Tools Used in This Recipe
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites Recipe
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
- 3/4 cup butter ( 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 36 peanut butter chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments, until melted and smooth when mixed.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir.
- Add cocoa powder, salt and powder and mix until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or tablespoon, scoop batter into mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes. While brownies are baking, unwrap chocoalte peanut butter hearts (or cups).
- Gently press a piece of candy onto each brownie bite as soon as they come out of the oven. Place pan of warm brownies in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process (also helps the chocolate hearts keep their shape).
- Allow brownie bites to cool COMPLETELY before removing from pan. To remove from pan, slide a sharp knife around the edges. The brownie bites should pop right out.