Pre-made Rice Krispies Treats are dipped in chocolate and spread with a delicious mixture of caramel and toasted coconut to create Samoas Rice Krispies Treats! The next time you are in the produce section at the grocery store, grab a tub of apple caramel dip and you are on you your way to having one of the most delicious treats ever!
You might also like our homemade hostess cupcakes (made from a cake mix). They are ridiculously delicious and easy to make!
Watch our step by step video!
If you’ve been around here for more than a minute you know how much I love using store bought Rice Krispies treats in quick and easy dessert recipes. They are such a great base to build off of and these Samoas Rice Krispies Treats are probably my favorite use of pre-made Rice Krispies Treats to date!
Ruby asked me to buy a container of caramel dip and a bag of Granny Smith apples when we were at Target the other day, and as I dipped my apple slices into the caramel that afternoon I wondered why I hadn’t ever thought of using caramel dip for desserts. I usually melt down caramel candies, but the dip is a lot faster. The only difference is that it doesn’t set up when it cools like Brach’s caramel candies. It stays soft, which is actually kind of perfect for these Samoas treats.
Samoas Rice Krispies Treats Ingredients
- Rice Krispies Treats (pre-packaged)
- chocolate chips
- caramel dip
What kind of caramel is best for making Samoas Rice Krispies?
Pre-made caramel dip (found in the produce section at the grocery store) is the perfect caramel to use for Samoas Rice Krispies Treats because it is smooth, easy to stir, and blends perfectly with the toasted coconut. The result is an ooey-gooey caramel packed treat. So delicious!
What kind of chocolate works best for dipping Rice Krispies Treats?
Melting chocolates or chocolate chips both work great for making Samoas Rice Krispies treats. I used milk chocolate chips and microwaved them for 30 seconds, stirred them, then another 20 seconds until they were nice and smooth.
How long does it take for the chocolate to set up?
After all of the Rice Krispies had been dipped let them set up in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
How do you make toasted coconut?
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake coconut for 10 minutes, checking frequently and stirring to prevent burning.
Combine toasted coconut and caramel in a bowl.
Scoop the caramel and coconut mixture onto the Rice Krispies.
Spread caramel and coconut with a butter knife.
Drizzle with more melted milk chocolate chips and refrigerate for an additional 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator.
More Rice Krispies Treats Variations.
And if you are looking for homemade Rice Krispies Treats check these out!
Samoas Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
Samoas Rice Krispies Treats
- 12 pre-made Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 package milk chocolate chips (2 cups, divided)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup caramel dip
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap packaged Rice Krispies treats and place on baking sheet.
- Melt 1 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips in a shallow dish in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave an addional 20 seconds (if necessary) until smooth.
- Dip each Rice Krispies Treat into chocolate and place on baking sheet. Let set up in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and toast coconut for 10 minutes (or until golden), stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Mix caramel and coconut in a bowl. Divide evenly and spread onto Rice Krispies Treats.
- Melt remaining 1/2 c. of milk chocolate chips and drizzle over Rice Krispies Treats.
- Return baking sheet to refrigerator and let set up for an additional 20 minutes.
If you like these Samoas treats you might also like this delicious Samoas Cookie pie from Averie Cooks. It looks amazing!