Watch our step by step video!
Butterfingers are one of my favorite treats, and these homemade Butterfingers are kind of dangerous. I don’t really care for candy corn, but I’ll buy a couple of bags during the fall just so that I can make these! It’s been 9 years since I originally shared how we made homemade butterfingers.
More Candy Recipes You’ll Love!
Homemade Butterfingers (Candy Corn Butterfingers)
How to Melt Candy Corn in The Microwave
Homemade Butterfingers Recipe
- 16 oz candy corn (1 bag)
- 16 oz. peanut butter (1 small container)
- 16 oz. milk chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
- Microwave the candy corn in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until smooth and melted. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter with a sturdy (wooden) spoon. Scrape sizes of the bowl with rubber spatula and work quickly because the candy corn mixture will start to cool and harden.
- Line a small baking dish (8" x 8") with parchment paper and spread mixture in baking dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cut peanut butter and candy corn mixture into bit sized squares. Refrigerate until ready to dip in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in 30 second intervals in microwave. Stir between each interval. Dip squares into chocoalte, tapping fork against the bowl so that the excess can drip off.
- Place butterfinger bites on baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate or freeze until hardened, about 15 minutes.