Fortune cookies are delicious on their own, but dipped in chocolate they become a decadent treat! These white chocolate fortune cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Package them up in mini Chinese take out boxes as gifts, or share with a sweetheart on Valentine’s Day! This post contains affiliate links.
Watch our step by step video!
Dallin’s first year of kindergarten was a lot of fun for me. It was the first time that I could execute all of the fun teacher gift ideas that I had floating around in my head! Homemade fortune cookies were at the top of my list. I thought it would be so cute if he could write HIS OWN fortunes in his cute 6 year old handwriting. Our Valentine fortune cookies were such a hit that we made them for teachers and bus drivers the following year.
Fortune Cookies for Valentine’s Day
Because Valentine’s Day falls within the same month as Chinese New Year, it’s become a thing to see fortune cookies incorporated to both holidays in February. If you aren’t up for baking fortune cookies these paper fortune cookies would be easy to had homemade fortunes to as well.
Fortune cookies are delicious as is, but when dipped in chocolate they become such a decadent treat. It only takes a few more minutes to dip an entire batch into white chocolate, so go ahead and do it. I promise you won’t be sorry!
I found these cute Chinese take out boxes on clearance a few years ago from Oriental Trading and they work perfect for fortune cookies. You can fit one cookie into each box! They no longer sell this print, but these pink ones are the same size. They would be cute dressed up with foamies or stickers.
When we made our “We’re So Lucky” fortune cookies we put them in regular sized take out boxes and taped a package of chop sticks to the top (just for fun).
Tip for Folding Fortune Cookies
Be sure to watch our video to see how to fold each cookie. It isn’t hard, but I always find that a visual is helpful. Just remember to work quickly. The cookies are only soft and bendable when they are fresh and hot out of the oven.
White Chocolate Fortune Cookies Recipe
White Chocolate Fortune Cookies for Valentine's Day
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white melting chocolate chips
- Set oven to 400F degrees.
- Beat egg whites until frothy peaks form.
- Add flour, sugar, and almond extract.
- Whisk until completely incorporated.
- Stir in water.
- LIGHTLY spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour a small amount (1 T.) onto baking sheet. Spread into a 4" or 5" circle.
- Make 2 -3 circles per baking sheet. Baking in small batches helps ensure that you can shape the cookies before they harden and cool.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Working fast, quickly remove one cookie from the baking sheet and place a paper fortune across the center. Bring two sides of the cookie together (to form a semi circle) then bend the cookie (on the fold) over the edge of a cup to create the fortune cookie shape.
- I like using a small ramekin to form the cookie, then I place the cookie inside the ramekin while it cools.
- Repeat for remaining cookies.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave 20 seconds at a time, stirring, until smooth.
- Dip each fortune cookie in white chocolate, letting excess drip off.
- Place on baking sheet lined in waxed paper. Add sprinkles and let set.