A platter of heart strawberries is a healthy and sweet Valentine’s day treat! Perfect for class parties, preschool, or school lunches!
Watch our step by step video!
This school year I have been fortunate to be able to organize a few simple class parties for Kaylee’s 2nd-grade class. For Valentine’s Day the kids made little bags earlier in the week to hold their cards and today the children exchanged Valentines and had a great time reading through them while snacking on a small plate of treats.
We did the usual 100% juice boxes, a mini cupcake, and a few conversation hearts. I also wanted to add a little something on the healthier side so I brought a platter of heart strawberries. They turned out so pretty and the light in my kitchen was perfect so I did a quick photo shoot before walking out the door 🙂 These would be fun to make for a preschool party, too!
Other Ways To Use HEart Strawberries!
- Slide strawberries onto skewers with blueberries, banana slices and grapes for fruit kebabs.
- Slide strawberries onto skewers with cubed pound cake and dip in whipped topping for “strawberry shortcake on a stick”!
- Top yogurt cups or vanilla pudding cups with heart strawberries.
- Make mini fruit pizzas out of sugar cookies and top with strawberries, banana slices and sprinkles.
- Add to a fresh fruit cups.
- Set up a Valentine’s ice cream sundae bar with fresh fruit and sauces. These strawberries would be perfect over vanilla ice cream, drizzled in a bit of chocolate syrup/hot fudge.
- Create a fruit and dessert board! Make it Valentine themed by adding heart shaped chocolate candies and marshmallows.
- Dip in chocolate for a Valentine’s Day fondue!
Heart Shaped Strawberries
How To Make Heart Strawberries
- cutting board
- 24 strawberries
- Wash strawberries and pat try.
- Slice the green tops off of each strawberry.
- Slice a "V" shape into the top of each strawberry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This post was originally shared in 2016.
More Valentine’s Day Inspiration For Kids
- Valentine’s Day Printable Coupons: Free Valentine’s Day printable notes, jokes, creative lunch ideas, Valentine’s printable coupons and more! A fun way to dress up lunches throughout February.
- I “Chews” You Valentine’s Day Printable Cards: With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, here is a fun (and free!) printable Valentine to make for a crowd! They would especially be fun to make for teens and tweens.
- Valentine’s Day Lunch Box Notes and Jokes: Free Valentine’s Day printable cards, jokes, creative lunch ideas, Valentine’s printable coupons and more!
- You might also like these 50 non-candy Valentine ideas from I Heart Nap Time!