Simple and sweet rolls shaped like bunnies. These cinnamon bunny rolls are perfect for an Easter brunch and are easy for kids to make, too!
Watch our step by step video!
Cinnamon Bunny Rolls
How To Shape Bunny Rolls
This recipe makes 24 delicious bunny rolls!
Cinnamon Bunny Rolls Recipe
Cinnamon Bunny Rolls
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 teaspoons milk + more if necessary
- Combine warm water and yeast in a small bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or until it looks bubbly.
- Combine milk, butter and sugar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir. Mixture should be warm not HOT. Butter will melt as it sits.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of flour and salt. Add yeast mixture and milk/butter mixture. Stir.
- Add remaining 2 1/2 cups of flour and stir until soft dough forms (a Danish dough whisk or kitchenaid mixer works great for this).
- Knead dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover and allow dough to rise in a warm place for 90 minutes (or until dough has doubled in size).
- Punch dough down and divide into 24 balls.
- Roll each ball into a rope (about 14" long).
- Fold the rope in half and twist twice to create a bunny shape. Press down (pinch) near the base of the ears to keep the dough in place.
- Place rolls onto greased baking sheets and let rise 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until rolls are golden.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
- Mix frosting ingredients together and whisk until smooth. Add extra milk 1/2 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Spoon frosting into a plastic baggie and cut the corner. Drizzle over cooled rolls.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!