This cinnamon chip bread is a burst of cinnamon flavor rolled up in delicious white bread. The perfect bread to make in the fall, one of our favorites and reminds me of the Cinnaburst bread from Great Harvest. Have you tried baking with cinnamon chips before? They are amazing! This post contains affiliate links.
Watch our step by step video!
This is the time of year to make cinnamon bread, friends! You can make it all year long with our cinnamon swirl bread recipe, but if you want the burst of flavor from cinnamon baking chips you’ll need to head to the store and grab a bag because they can be a seasonal product in some areas.
What Are Cinnamon Chips?
Cinnamon baking chips look just like chocolate chips, only they are full of cinnamon flavor. They are perfect for adding to cookies and bread recipes. You can order them online, but I usually just grab a couple of bags at Target once they hit the shelves in September. It’s cheaper to purchase them in-store.
Just look at how the cinnamon chips make their way through the bread. You can taste them in every bite. It kind of reminds me of the yummy Cinnaburst Bread that you can buy at Great Harvest. This recipe makes 2 delicious loaves of cinnamon chip bread. Eat one loaf of this cinnamon bread recipe right away (we always do!) then wrap the other loaf in plastic wrap to keep it soft for later.
Cinnamon Chip Bread Ingredients
- Cinnamon Chips
- You’ll begin by making a basic yeast dough. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook, or use a danish dough hook (my favorite kitchen tool) to make your dough.
- Once your dough is made you’ll add a bag of cinnamon chips to the dough during the kneading process. I pour out about 1/2 of a cup and then push it into the dough, knead it a couple of times, then repeat until all of the cinnamon chips have been kneaded into the bread dough. (WATCH my video to see how I do this!)
- You’ll let the dough rise in a warm place for about 90 minutes then punch it down and shape into two loaves.
- Place the loaves in greased bread pans and let rise another 30 minutes then bake for 30 minutes!
- I like brushing my finished loaves with butter.
Cinnamon Chip Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Chip Bread Recipe
- 2 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5-6 cups flour
- 1 bag cinnamon baking chips (about 2 cups)
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in small bowl. Let sit 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add oil and stir.
- In a large bowl, combine salt and 3 cups of flour.
- Pour wet mixture into flour mixture and stir.
- Add remaining flour, 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms. (You'll need a total of 5-6 cups of flour for this recipe).
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface just until the dough comes together.
- Press dough down and sprinkle 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips over dough. Press cinnamon chips into dough with your hands. Knead.
- Press another 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips into bread dough. Knead.
- Repeat this process until you have used the entire bag of cinnamon chips.
- Grease the bread bowl with 1 Tbsp. oil and place dough in the bowl. Turn to coat dough with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.Tip: Pre-heat the oven for 1 minute then turn heat off. Let dough rise in oven with a damp cloth covering the bowl.
- Punch dough down and divide into two portions.
- Roll out each portion and form into a loaf shape.
- Place each loaf into a greased bread pan.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake bread for 30 minutes.
- Brush loaves with butter when they first come out of the oven. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes then allow to cool on a cooling rack.