This homemade sweet orange bath bomb recipe is made with simple ingredients. Bath bombs are the perfect luxurious gift to make. This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for making bath bombs:
- Do not make them on a humid day. The humidity will make the bath bombs react and get soft. Basically, don’t make them on a rainy day. I learned this the hard way!
- Get creative with the molds that you use. You can use bath bomb molds or anything else that you might have on hand already like a muffin tin or silicone baking mold. You can even use plastic Easter eggs!
- Let them dry at least 24 hours. Once they are dry, they aren’t brittle and can be packaged in cellophane for gift giving.
More Bath and Body Gift Ideas
Sweet Orange Bath Bomb Recipe
Inspired by this recipe.
DIY SWEET ORANGE BATH BOMB RECIPE
- measuring cups/spoons
- Combine baking soda, cornstarch, and citric acid in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine epsom salt with a few drops of food coloring.
- You can add your food coloring in with your wet ingredients to tint the entire bath bomb, but I liked the sprinkle effect that only coloring the salt gave mine.
- Add epsom salt to other dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In another small bowl, combine coconut oil and your essential oil.
- Add to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- You want your mixture to feel like wet sand. Spritz your mixture with water, making sure to whisk in between spritzes, until it reaches the desired consistency. DO NOT add too much water. You just want it to come together slightly when you press your fingers into it.
- Fill both sides of your bath bomb mold with mixture and press together tightly. Let sit for about a minute. Tap mold with a spoon to loosen, then remove the mold one side at a time.
- Set on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper and let dry for at least 24 hours. Then I let my bath bomb recipe dry for 36 hours before moving them too much.
There’s something so luxurious about bath bombs. These smell absolutely heavenly like orange sherbet!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!