Chewy and loaded with chocolate, these double chocolate chip cookies are heavenly! Is it a cookie or a brownie in cookie form? You choose.
Watch our step by step video!
These are my son’s favorite cookies. He’s 4 and calls them “black cookies with chocolate chips”. Double chocolate chip cookies. Is there anything better? So chewy, soft, and delicious. Reminds me of a fudge brownie, only in cookie form.
These cookies get their abundance of chocolate flavoring from chocolate chips and cocoa powder. Unlike some cocoa powder recipes, these are fudgy in texture and not dry at all. Perfection.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- melted butter
- cocoa powder
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Step 1: Combine melted butter and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth.
Step 2: Cream brown sugar and white sugar with the butter/cocoa mixture.
Step 3: Add eggs and vanilla.
Step 4: Stir in salt, baking soda, and flour.
Step 5: Mix in chocolate chip, reserving a few for adding to the top of the cookies later.
Step 6: Chill dough for 30 minutes.
Step 7: Scoop dough onto cookie sheets. Press extra chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie dough ball, if desired.
Step 8: Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
This recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies. Because they are so soft and chewy, I recommend storing them in a container in a single row or two, not stacking them in a cookie jar.
3 More Cookie Recipes You Might Enjoy
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Favorite Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips divided
- Mix melted butter and cocoa powder together until smooth.
- Mix in sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing with each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop dough using a medium cookie scoop. Press a few chocolate chips into the top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.