I revamped one of my son’s favorite cookie recipes. Double chocolate cookies—with the addition of peppermint and melted white chocolate, thus making them Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!
So delicious, so easy, and so pretty. You can make these with or without the white chocolate for dipping, but it really does take them up a notch. So pretty!
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- 12 oz white melting chocolates
- 4 candy canes crushed
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing with each addition. Add peppermint extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add chocolate chunks.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1" balls and arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate according to package. Dip each cookie half way into the white chocolate and set on parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.Yield: 4 dozen.
Can you freeze cookies?
Yes, cookies freeze great. Thaw before serving.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4 dozen cookies.
Can these cookies be made ahead of time?
They can be made the day before.
How do you melt chocolate for dipping?
You can use a double boiler or melt in the microwave according to the package instructions.
Our recipe for the original double chocolate cookies comes from Betty Crocker’s red cookbook. (affiliate)
If you liked these chocolate peppermint cookies you might also like…
White chocolate Snickerdoodles and ginger snaps, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. The perfect spiced cookie platter for the holidays!
This delicious cherry filled candy cane braided bread is drizzled with a sweet vanilla icing! It’s the perfect treat for the holidays.