A family favorite, these homemade garlic cheddar biscuits are easy to make and are full of garlic buttery goodness! These biscuits rival any from a restaurant. We like them better!
If you’re looking for other easy bread recipes to serve with dinner, try our garlic parmesan bread sticks or Amish dinner rolls.
Watch Our Step By Step Video!
When fall rolls around I turn from craving salads to craving soups and breads. Okay, who am I kidding? I crave bread all year long, but there is just something so comforting about fall. The cooler weather, changing colors, and cozy feeling from comfort foods.
I made a big batch of cheddar garlic drop biscuits for the family the other day to go with dinner. Have you tried these before?
They are to die for and literally melt in your mouth. One of my kids’ favorites sides to have with dinner. They are quick and easy to make too! Cheddar garlic drop biscuits are so delicious with a big bowl of soup or pasta. The perfect weeknight recipe when you don’t have time to make dinner rolls.
What Are Drop Biscuits?
Drop biscuits are scooped onto a baking sheet instead of rolled out and cut with a biscuit cutter. The dough is sticky. These biscuits are delicious with gravy and sausage, too! I’ve never had great success with rolled biscuits and prefer the texture of drop. When I make biscuits and gravy I omit the garlic butter and cheese.
How To Make GarliC Cheddar Drop Biscuits
The dough comes together in just minutes and is completely made from scratch. No Bisquick here. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together then cut in COLD butter.
Once the mixture resembles coarse crumbs stir in milk and cheddar cheese.
The biscuit dough is a sticky dough. Instead of rolling out the biscuits, you drop them onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
After baking, brush with garlic butter. The result yields 18 garlic, buttery, biscuits that are better than the ones at Red Lobster.
Like most baked goods, they are best the first day. These garlic cheddar biscuits can be reheated for a few seconds in the microwave the second day and are just as delicious!
Garlic Cheddar BiscuitS Recipe
Homemade Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter.
- Stir in milk and cheese just until dough comes together making sure to not over mix.
- Using a large spoon, drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto lightly greased baking trays and bake until nice golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Mix topping ingredients together and brush over hot biscuits.
Leave a Reply