Watch our step by step video!
Homemade Noise Putty (aka “Fart Putty”)
Note: The recipe below is for a full batch. Great if you are making this with two kids, who would each like their own cup of putty, but if you are making this with one child a half recipe is plenty.
Homemade Noise Putty (Fart Putty)
- popsicle stick or spoon
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- 1 cup white glue Elmer's, Tacky, etc.
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon borax powder
- Mix glue with water in a bowl.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring, if desired. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix warm water with Borax.
- Add to glue/water mixture, 1 tsp. at a time, and stir for 1 minute. It will go from liquid to a nasty stringy mass.
- Work putty with your hands until it isn't sticky anymore.
- Shove putty into a small cup. A narrow cup with tall sides works will for friction. Friction is what makes the putty noisy when you put your fingers into it.
Monika casiano says
Can you make it with the stic glue?
Like glue sticks? I’m not sure I understand which type of glue you are asking about, sorry! White liquid glue (like Elmer’s) works the best.
Kim Warnke says
I’m so thankful to have found your recipe. He had the noise putty from an arcade and it fell on the ground outside so it was ruined. We googled and found your blog. You are such a lifesaver! Thanks for what you do!! We are going to try the rock candy next.
Yay! That stuff is like magic for kids and just plain funny too 🙂
Jessica Raymond says
Have you tried using liquid borax instead of powdered?
I haven’t! Honestly, I didn’t know they made liquid Borax! I know some recipes call for liquid starch so it may work!
Ours came out super pretty, but not stringy and gooey like we had wanted. It was think and almost kind of dry, like broke when you tried to stretch it. What did we do wrong?
Hi Megan! This is kind of more of a noise putty so it’s thicker and when you put it in a cup and poke it, it makes “farting” sounds. If you’re looking for traditional slime, you might like this recipe: https://www.skiptomylou.org/how-to-make-slime/ It’s more stretchy!
This worked with any glue for me! I liked this a lot thanks for making this Brendy!
If we use contact solution how much should we use? One cup?
Just a small squirt. Then continue to add more, small squirts at a time, while working the mixture with your hands until it forms a putty.
Nia Vinueza says
Great Job! this looks so fun to make! I can’t wait to try it out!