Homemade Noise Putty (aka “Fart Putty”)
Note: The recipe below is for a full batch. Great if you are making this with two kids, who would each like their own cup of putty, but if you are making this with one child a half recipe is plenty.
Homemade Noise Putty (Fart Putty)
- popsicle stick or spoon
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- 1 c. white glue Elmer's, Tacky, etc.
- 1 c. water
- food coloring
- 1 c. warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp. borax powder
- Mix glue with water in a bowl.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring, if desired. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix warm water with Borax.
- Add to glue/water mixture, 1 tsp. at a time, and stir for 1 minute. It will go from liquid to a nasty stringy mass.
- Work putty with your hands until it isn't sticky anymore.
- Shove putty into a small cup. A narrow cup with tall sides works will for friction. Friction is what makes the putty noisy when you put your fingers into it.