Here is How To Make Your Own DIY Wall Decals
DIY Wall Decals Made From Scrapbook Paper
- cricut machine or scissors
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Contact Paper
- Mod Podge or spray adhesive
- Foam Brush
- Brush a layer of mod podge onto the top of a piece of contact paper, then place a sheet of paper on top of that.
- Press down firmly and get rid of the air bubbles. Place under a board or something heavy to keep it flat while drying.
- Once the sheets have dried, they are ready to be cut!
- You can use a cricut or stencils to cut into desired shapes.
I noticed a few of my corners and edges coming off of the contact paper when I went to peel the backings off. I guess the mod podge wasn’t thick enough in those areas. I just added a little tacky glue to fix the small spots and they were good to go.
Custom peel and stick letters that are nice and sturdy, easy to place onto a wall, reposition-able, and inexpensive!
And these aren’t limited to lettering! The possibilities are endless especially with the huge variety of cricut cartridges. You can make all sorts of custom scenes for your wall.
Our basement is brighter lit than most basements, but it is still hard to take a good picture down there. You get the idea.