Felt apple and worm preschool peek-a-boo activity. An easy sewing project, but can also be glued instead of sewn.
My Apple Book
I like to eat red apples.
I like to eat green apples.
How To Make a Felt Apple and Worm
No Sew Version
Felt Apple and Worm Preschool Activity
- sewing machine
- scissors or pinking shears
- hot glue gun and glue
- felt scraps
- craft eyes
- Cut out (with pinking shears) two apple shapes from red felt, along with a stem and a leaf.
- Lay the leaf and stem on top of the two layers and sew all the way around.
- Cut out a hole in the center of the apple (through both layers) for the little worm to pop through.
- Cut out two rectangles out of felt. Draw a worm shape on the top piece, then sew over your drawing.
- Trim closely around the seam line. Stuff with batting, then sew up the bottom. Hot glue on craft eyes and a little mouth if desired.
- On the back side of the apple, hot glue a strip of felt to make a flap. The worm slides under the flap.
3 More Felt Activities For Kids
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!