Quick, soft, and full of delicious pumpkin and spices. These quick rise pumpkin cinnamon rolls are made for fall and are my favorite way to enjoy a cinnamon roll! You’ll also love our original quick rise cinnamon rolls with buttercream frosting. This post contains an affiliate link.
Watch our step by step video!
If you like our cinnamon rolls recipe you’ll love our pumpkin version! This is the only cinnamon roll recipe that I use. It’s so versatile. Did I mention that I also make lemon and orange sweet rolls from this same recipe? 90 minutes start to finish. SO quick.
Of course you’ll find the classic cinnamon flavor in these rolls, but you’ll notice right away that we’ve added cloves, nutmeg, and canned pumpkin. Don’t even worry about burning a candle in your home the day you make these. These will fill the entire first floor with the scents of fall.
One batch makes 12 large cinnamon rolls. Perfect to feed the whole family!
Pumpkin Sweet Dough Recipe
This dough comes together with basic ingredients.
- You’ll combine the milk and butter and heat until the butter has melted. You can do this over the stove or in the microwave.
- While that mixture cools, mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Then add the milk/butter mixture, along with the egg, water and canned pumpkin to the dry ingredients. Mix well. You can use a Kitchenaid or (my favorite tool) a Danish dough whisk.
- After kneading the dough, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. I LOVE that it doesn’t need to rise for an hour!
Cinnamon Roll Filling
- While the dough rests, make the filling. The filling will be the consistency of frosting.
- Combined softened butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg and cloves.
Roll out the dough to a 9 x 12″ rectangle and spread with filling mixture.
Roll up and slice into 12 sections and place in a greased baking dish (9×13″).
Cover and let rolls rise for 30 minutes then bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes (until tops are golden brown).
WHAT IS THE BEST FROSTING RECIPE FOR CINNAMON ROLLS?
I guess that depends what you’re in the mood for. My go-to buttercream frosting recipe is the perfect amount for cinnamon rolls. I use it for sugar cookie bars, too! I have the recipe memorized because it is my favorite recipe. Cream cheese frosting is another classic frosting for cinnamon rolls.
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla together.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
CAN YOU MAKE CINNAMON ROLLS THE NIGHT BEFORE?
You can. Prepare them up to the point where you place them on the pan and place in the refrigerator or freezer. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Pull out and bring to room temperature then let rise for 30 minutes before baking.
CAN YOU REHEAT Pumpkin CINNAMON ROLLS?
Yes! Place a cinnamon roll on a microwave safe plate and microwave 5-8 seconds.
Quick Rise Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Quick Rise Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.Note: you can also microwave milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 60-90 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 cup flour, yeast, sugar, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Add water, egg, pumpkin, and the milk mixture; mix.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and softened butter. It should be the consistency of frosting.
- Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place in lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Tops should be slightly golden.
- While pumpkin cinnamon rolls bake, make the frosting. Mix ingredients together then beat until fluffy.
- Let cinnamon rolls cool 10 minutes. Spread frosting over warm cinnamon rolls.