Nilla wafers, banana pudding, fresh bananas and whipped cream are layered to create a banana cream trifle. It sounds fancy, but is SUPER easy to make. This post contains an affiliate link.
Watch our step by step video!
Easy Banana Trifle
I wasn’t sure if anything could top our brownie trifle. It’s been a family favorite of ours for years, but I actually like our banana cream version BETTER. I love banana cream pie, and this has all the flavor, without any of the baking or cooking! No simmering custard or baking a pie. Just layering and stirring.
- We’ll start off with banana cream pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir them together until they are smooth. Then add an 8-ounce container of whipped topping (you’ll need to containers of whipped topping—reserve the second one). This will be our base.
- You’ll also need almost an entire 11-ounce box of Nilla wafers.
- Spoon 1/3 of the pudding mix into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish or trifle bowl.
I like this trifle bowl because it comes with a lid. Perfect for storing leftover trifle! It can also be used as a punch bowl.
- Add 1/3 of a container of whipped toping and smooth it on top. Then add a layer of Nilla wafers and a layer of sliced bananas.
- Repeat with pudding, whipped topping, cookies and bananas.
This recipe serves 12.
3 More No Bake Desserts You’ll Love
Banana Cream Trifle Recipe
Banana Cream Trifle
- trifle bowl
- mixing bowl
- 1 box Nilla wafer cookies 11 ounces
- 1 box instant banana cream pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1/2 cups milk
- 16 oz. light whipped topping divided
- 3 bananas sliced
- Mix pudding mix, milk, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Fold in 8 ounces of whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/3 pudding mixture into bottom of trifle bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of the remaining whipped topping over the pudding mixture. Note: I buy 2 (8 ounce) containers of whipped topping and use one container in the pudding mixture and the second container for layering.
- Add a layer of Nilla wafers.
- Add layer of sliced bananas.
- Add another layer of the pudding mixture followed by a layer of whipped topping.
- Add another layer of cookies and bananas.
- Top with the last of the pudding mixture followed by the lasy of the whipped topping.
- Chill 6-8 hours.
- Top with sliced bananas and a small handful of crushed cookies as a garnish.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!