Cinnamon rolls don’t have to take all morning to make! These quick rise cinnamon rolls only rise for 30 minutes and are as soft and delicious as ever!
Watch our step by step video!
If you have ever been intimidated by making your own homemade cinnamon rolls, this recipe is for you! Our quick rise cinnamon rolls only rise for 30 minutes making them a realistic weekend breakfast. No need to make them the night before (but you totally can if you want to!)
These cinnamon rolls are a conference tradition in our family. They are so easy to make that I’ll usually make a big double batch to enjoy both days.
How to Make Quick Rise Cinnamon Rolls
(scroll down for printable recipe)
This sweet dough is an adaptation of one I found years ago here. It’s so versatile and I use it for so many delicious recipes! Whip up a batch and roll it out into a 12″ x 9″ rectangle. I only bake with butter so I made that change and I use my own homemade frosting.
Other recipes using this sweet dough recipe:
Candy Cane Braided Cherry Bread: This delicious cherry filled candy cane braided bread is drizzled with a sweet vanilla icing! It’s the perfect treat for the holidays.
Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting: Our 90 minute cinnamon rolls with caramel frosting come together in 90 minutes! Soft, cinnamon rolls covered in decadent caramel frosting. Easy to make and a definite crowd pleaser!
Spread with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Tip: mix all 3 into a paste for even distribution.
How many quick rise cinnamon rolls does this recipe make?
Roll up the dough and slice into 12 portions. Let rise for 30 minutes on a greased baking sheet then bake until golden brown for about 20 minutes.
What is the best frosting recipe for cinnamon rolls?
My go-to buttercream frosting recipe is the perfect amount for cinnamon rolls. I use it for sugar cookie bars, too! I have the recipe memorized because it is my favorite go-to recipe!
Buttercream frosting for Quick Rise Cinnamon Rolls
Mix powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla together. Beat until fluffy. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls.
Can you make cinnamon rolls the night before?
You can. Prepare them up to the point where you place them on the pan and place in the refrigerator or freezer. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Pull out and bring to room temperature then let rise for 30 minutes before baking.
Can you reheat cinnamon rolls?
Place a cinnamon roll on a microwave safe plate and microwave 5-8 seconds.
More delicious brunch recipes:
Quick 90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls Printable Recipe
Quick Rise Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter. It should be the consistency of frosting.
- Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place in lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.
- While cinnamon rolls bake make the frosting. Mix ingredients together then beat until fluffy.
- Let cinnamon rolls cool 10 minutes. Spread frosting over warm cinnamon rolls.