Watch our step by step video!
What Makes These Cinnamon Apples Healthier?
What Apples Are Best for Cooking?
I like using Honey Crisp or Gala. According to allrecipes.com, other apples that hold up well when cooked are Braeburn, Fuji, Gala, Jonagold, and Golden Delicious (just to name a few). I’m going to go out on a limb and say that all apples would taste delicious served this way!
Restaurant Cinnamon Apples Side Dish Recipe
Cinnamon Apples Side Dish
- 6-8 apples
- 2 1/2 cup apple juice divided
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Peel and slice each apple into 12 sections.
- Add apples to a large saute pan or skillet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour 1 c. apple juice over your apples and bring to a simmer on med-high heat. Continue to simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Combine (with a whisk) cornstarch and remaining juice. Once apples are tender, pour cornstarch mixture over apples and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
Dishes to Serve Restaurant Cinnamon Apples With:
Grilled chicken, pork chops and mashed potatoes, Thanksgiving dinner, or ham and potatoes!
This post is a refresh of a post originally shared in 2011. New photos and video instructions have been added.