S’mores brownies are fun to make and fun to eat! A layer of graham crackers topped with brownie batter, baked, then topped with toasted marshmallows and chocolate bars. Perfection!
Watch our step by step video!
I’m the leader over the 14-15 year old girls in our church’s youth group. We’ve been having our weekly activities over Zoom the past couple of months. We’ve play games, had a talent show, and made THE BEST rice krispies treats. The girls had such a great time making rice krispies together, and asked to do another baking activity.
I made a trip to the store, then porch delivered all of the ingredients to make my s’mores brownies. Then we met on Zoom, and I taught them how to bake up this recipe! Brownies are such a simple dessert to make, and are so fun to customize. The perfect baking activity for beginners.
You can make your brownies from scratch, but I use brownie mixes 99% of the time. You’ll also need mini marshmallows, a Hershey bar, graham crackers, and anything needed to bake up the brownies (eggs, oil, water).
Prepare your 8×8 baking dish with non stick cooking spray or parchment paper. Then line the bottom with graham crackers.
Bake the brownies, according to the package directions (35-45 minutes), then sprinkle with mini marshmallows. Arrange the marshmallows into a single layer.
Place the brownies back into the oven. This time turn the heat to BROIL and heat until the marshmallows are puffy and golden (1-2 minutes). WATCH to make sure you don’t burn the marhsmallows!
Sprinkle brownies with graham cracker crumbs (optional) and press Hershey bar sections into the marshmallows.
You can enjoy the brownies warm (the chocolate bars will be gooey) or allow them to cool so that the chocolate bars set up. Either way is YUMMY.
3 More Easy Dessert Recipes
- 1 boxed brownie mix
- eggs according to package
- water according to package
- oil according to package
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 graham crackers
- 1 Hershey chocolate bar
- Line (or grease) an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Line bottom of brownie pan with graham crackers. Set any leftover graham crackers to the side.
- Prepare brownie batter, according to instructions on the box. Pour over graham crackers and bake according to instructions on the box (40-50 minutes).
- Sprinkle brownies with mini marshmallows. Broil 1-2 minutes, until marshmallows are golden and puffy. WATCH to make sure marshmallows don't burn.
- Sprinkle brownies with graham cracker crumbs and small Hershey bar sections.
- Allow brownies to cool before serving.