The BEST chocolate chip cookies to keep in a cute cookie jar. Soft, stackable and stay fresh for several days!
If you like these you’ll love our deep dish chocolate chip cookie recipe! Giant chocolate chip cookies served warm with a fork!
Watch our step by step video!
We recently had friends stay with us for the weekend. As they arrived I was finishing up making a giant batch of our favorite chocolate chip cookies. I doubled the recipe and had the BIGGEST bowl of cookie dough known to man sitting on the counter. We questioned if we’d actually go through all of them before they went stale. Let me tell you, it wasn’t a problem.
Those cookies were enjoyed for 2 days and all 7 dozen were gobbled up. We brought them in a big container with us to the beach, I kept them in the car for outings, and served them for dessert each night. If the kids wanted a snack they knew where to go—my cookie jar.
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies to Store In a Cookie Jar
These chocolate chip cookies are soft, but do not break in half when stacked. They are the perfect cookie to store in a cookie jar. What I really love about them is that they STAY FRESH for a few days. Some cookies become crumbly on day 2 and start to break in the cookie jar. Not these. These are just as soft on day 2 and 3.
I make them with a combination of milk chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips for the perfect balance of sweetness.
Cook These Cookies Until Golden
Some cookies are best when undercooked slightly and allowed time to sit in the baking sheet to firm up. Our cookie jar chocolate chip cookies can bake in the oven until golden, and are still soft. We prefer cooking them until they start to brown (12-14 minutes). This makes for a soft, chewy and milk dunkable cookie.
More Cookie Jar Favorites
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
The BEST Cookie Jar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together until very fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Stir in ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough balls on baking sheet and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake 12-14 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Cool 2-3 minutes on sheet and transfer to cooking rack. Cool COMPLETELY before placing in cookie jar or container.
Looking for tips on freezing cookies? Make a giant batch and save half for another day! Here are our best tips for freezing cookies and cookie dough.