Winter Wonderland Vanilla Cake
2 Boxes Miss Jones Vanilla Cake Mix
1 c. water
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. vanilla pudding
2 containers Miss Jones Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Pretzel Trees (see instructions below)
Each mix will fill one 8″ deep dish cake pan. I like the deep dish ones from Wilton and have used them for years. You can also use 2 regular 8″ cake pans and divide the batter evenly between them, but to get your cake as tall as mine, you will need to make pans of them.
Tips for successful cakes:
- Lightly grease pans with shortening. Sprinkle with 1 T. flour, turn pan over and tap out excess flour.
- Let cool 10 minutes, run a butter knife around the edges and turn over onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before decorating.
- Easily slice cakes or trim with a serrated knife.
- Apply a thin crumb coat of frosting first to catch crumbs and create a smooth surface. Allow crumb coat to sit 15 minutes (or freeze for a few minutes) before applying a final coat of frosting.
Stir frosting or remove from container and beat for 30 seconds using a hand mixer or KitchenAid. This softens it and creates a nice, fluffy, frosting.
Spread with filling. Add the second layer. Repeat with frosting and filling. Add 3rd layer. Repeat with frosting and filling. Add 4th layer.
Chocolate Pretzel Trees
Melt white chocolate chips or melting wafers in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until smooth and completely melted. Tint with a couple of drops of food coloring, optional.
Divide chocolate colors into ziploc baggies. Trim corners and drizzle back and forth over pretzel base, starting at the top and working your way to the bottom.
Sprinkle with embellishments.
Refrigerate until set.
You might also like…