This cinnamon pull apart bread is buttery, sweet, and so delicious! Our recipe makes 1 loaf, but go ahead and double it to share with a friend.
Watch our step by step video!
My love for Amish white bread runs deep and I love using the dough as a base to make a variety of delicious loaves of bread. Our pull apart cinnamon bread is a variation of our apple cinnamon pull apart bread. It is filled with a combination of brown sugar, white sugar, and butter. I like using brown sugar for cinnamon rolls and this loaf because I think it gives the bread a richer flavor.
The slices are carefully packed into a bread pan and baked until golden brown. Serving it is easy, simply pull off a slice!
There are 18 slices per loaf. Serve warm or at room temperature, either way it’s divine!
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread Ingredients
I love this bread dough because it’s super basic.
- Warm water
- Olive oil
- All-purpose flour or bread flour: I use these interchangeably. You can use whichever you have on hand.
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Softened Butter
How To Make Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread Dough
Preheat the oven for a couple of minutes, or until warm. Turn the oven off. You’re just heating it enough to be a warm place for the bread to rise.
Mix water and yeast and sugar. Allow to sit 5 minutes or until yeast looks foamy. Add remaining dough ingredients and mix in a stand mixer or with a Danish dough whisk until evenly distributed and soft dough forms. Knead dough on a floured surface for a few minutes.
Add 1 Tbsp. oil to the bowl, place the dough into the bowl and turn the dough to coat on both sides. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in the warmed oven. Let rise for until doubled, about an hour.
While the bread dough is rising, prepare the bread pan. Cut a strip of parchment paper long enough to cover the bottom and ends of the pan, and stick up a few inches on each end.
Press parchment paper into the pan. Spray parchment paper and sides of the pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
Once your dough has doubled in size, dump it onto your workspace.
How To Shape Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Roll dough into a 12″x18″ rectangle and spread with softened butter.
Mix brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon together and sprinkle over dough.
Cut dough into 18 squares using a pizza cutter.
Baking Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Arrange the stacks into the prepared loaf pan. Brush up any cinnamon/sugar mixture that may have fallen off of the dough as you placed it into the pan and sprinkle it over the bread.
Allow bread to rise 40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake bread for 30-35 minutes. The top should be dark golden. Allow bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes.
Gently run a butter knife around the sides that are not covered with parchment paper.
Lift parchment paper to remove bread from the pan.
Allow bread to cool on a wire rack.
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast 1 packet
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 4 Tbsp. butter softened
- 6 Tbsp. white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven for a few minutes. Turn off heat. This will create a warm place to let the dough rise.
- Let warm water, yeast and sugar proof in a bowl for 5-10 minutes, or until foamy.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time until a soft dough forms. You can uase a stand mixer to mix the dough, but I like using my Danish dough hook.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well oiled bowl (I use 1 Tbsp. of olive oil), and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- While bread dough is rising, prepare the bread pan. Cut a strip of parchment paper long enough to cover the bottom and ends of the pan, and stick up a few inches on each end.Press parchment paper into pan. Spray parchment paper and sides of the pan generously with non stick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Roll dough into a 12"x18" rectangle and spread with softened butter.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over dough.
- Slice dough into 18 squares using a pizza cutter.
- Stack squares into small piles. Arrange piles of stacked bread dough into loaf pan.Sprinke the top of the loaf with any cinnamon/sugar mixture that may have fallen out while cutting and stacking the bread dough.
- Allow loaf to rise 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake bread for 30-35 minutes. Loaf should be dark golden brown.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 20 minutes.Run a butter knife around the edge of the pan. Gently lift parchment paper and transfer loaf to a wire rack to cool.