Make Swedish meatballs at home in under 30 minutes with this IKEA copycat Swedish meatball dinner! Creamy mashed potatoes, green beans and homestyle meatballs with sauce.
If you love simple comfort food you’ll also like our easy stroganoff dinner.
Our family loves IKEA’s Swedish meatballs. I love finding ways to recreate our favorite take out foods at home. We came up with our home version that is just as delicious and comes together in 30 minutes. Perfect to feed a large family and budget-friendly, too!
I purchased the frozen meatballs from IKEA a few times before switching to homestyle meatballs from my local grocery store. The homestyle meat balls are easier to pick up (IKEA is 30 minutes from my house), cost less, and taste the same.
To make your own copycat IKEA meatball dinner you’ll need ingredients for making mashed potatoes, 2 packets of gravy (pork is my favorite, but chicken would work as well), frozen HOMESTYLE meatballs and green beans.
IKEA serves their meatballs witha. cream sauce, but gravy works perfectly.
Italian style meatballs are delicious, but don’t work as well for this recipe. If you want the same flavor as IKEA you’ll want the homestyle meatballs with less seasoning.
The only thing missing is IKEA’s lingonberry sauce. You can substitute cranberry sauce if you’d like. Just add a small spoonful to the side of the meatballs when you serve up your plate.
3 More Family Friendly Dinner Ideas
EASIEST Ikea Copycat Swedish Meatballs Dinner
IKEA Copycat Swedish Meatballs Dinner
- 36 homestyle meatballs
- 2 packets pork gravy dry
- 2 cup water
- 3.5 lbs. potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven and cook meatballs on a baking sheet as directed.
- Cube potatoes into bite sized sections. Place in a stock pot. Fill with just enough water to cover potatoes. Sprinkle with salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until fork tender. Drain water.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add butter and milk. Beat until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam green beans. Set aside.
- Mix 2 packets of dry pork gravy with 2 cups of water in a pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add a scoop of mashed potatoes to each plate. Add meatballs and drizzle with gravy. Add green beans.
If you like IKEA’s Daim cake you might like these Daim bar cake recipe.