Mini Corn Dog Printable Recipe
Homemade Mini Corn Dog Recipe
Corn Bread Batter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mix ingredients until just incorporated.
- Cut 8 hot dogs into 3 pieces each and stick each piece with a toothpick. Pat the hot dogs dry with a paper towel if they are wet so that the batter sticks to them.
- Dip each piece into the batter and drop into 1-quart of hot vegetable or canola oil (Note: see my motto about frying at the end of the post). If your batter is too thick add 2 T. of milk.
- Note: To keep it easy, we just left the toothpicks in the hot dogs while they fried, then pulled them out when they were finished frying and had cooled.
What temperature should the oil be for frying mini corn dogs?
How long do you fry the mini corn dogs?
How many corn dogs does this recipe make?
Can you make corn dogs ahead of time?
Want a baked alternative for this corn dog recipe?
Serve this mini corn dog recipe with your favorite dipping sauces.
Here are a few great ones:
When it comes to frying, my motto should be “If at first you don’t succeed (meaning, you burn the outsides and the insides are doughy), try try again.” I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve botched up a recipe that needs to be deep fried and it ended in the TRASH. SO frustrating! All fryers work differently, not all thermometers are the same. So just be patient and if it doesn’t work the first time, just adjust your temps and try again! It does get better and now I think it’s fun to fry foods for a fun treat!