Watch our step by step video!
Peanut butter cookies are one cookie recipe that my husband and I both love. He doesn’t like chocolate chips—had I known that before we got married—just kidding. NOT a deal breaker, ha! Marriage is all about compromise. Before I add the chocolate chips I always scoop out 6-12 cookies just for him and bake them on a separate sheet. THEN I add all of that chocolate chip goodness for the rest of us.
THE BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
I think what makes these so delicious is the use of all brown sugar, extra vanilla, and MINI chocolate chips. I like using mini chocolate chips because the cookies still flatten nicely without any large chocolate chunks, The mini chocolate chips disperse perfectly throughout the dough.
You’ll also need butter, peanut butter (chunky or creamy), egg, milk, flour, salt (I like using kosher) and baking soda.
The BEST Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt kosher
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, and butter. Beat until creamy. Add peanut butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour to creamed mixture at low speed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded scoops (I use a medium cookie scoop) 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 9 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Do not over-bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
I have been eying these beauties from Inspired By Charm and think that I’ll add them to my “must make” list! Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies? Yes, please.