What Makes These Waffles So Light and Crispy?
Best Waffle Toppings
Crispy Waffles Recipe
The best Crispy Waffles Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 T sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Separate the eggs (saving the yolk), beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add milk, melted butter, vanilla, and yolks to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot Belgian waffle iron and bake.
Warm Blueberry Sauce
1/2 cup fruit juice (apple or orange work great)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons lemon juice
While the berries heat, blend the cornstarch into the remaining apple juice, using the back of a spoon to dissolve any lumps. Increase the heat under the pan and bring the sauce to a boil. Stir the cornstarch mixture again and then stir it into the fruit. Cook the sauce at a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.