Watch our step by step video!
What Makes These Waffles So Light and Crispy?
Best Waffle Toppings
Crispy Waffles Recipe
This recipe has been tweaked and updated since it was originally shared in 2012.
The Best Crispy Waffles
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- Separate the eggs (saving the yolk). Beat whites until stiff and set aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in mixing large bowl.
- Add milk, melted butter, vanilla, and yolks to dry ingredient mixture and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in egg whites.
- Ladle mixture into hot Belgian waffle iron and bake.
Warm Blueberry Sauce
1/2 cup fruit juice (apple or orange work great)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons lemon juice
While the berries heat, blend the cornstarch into the remaining apple juice, using the back of a spoon to dissolve any lumps. Increase the heat under the pan and bring the sauce to a boil. Stir the cornstarch mixture again and then stir it into the fruit. Cook the sauce at a low boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.