Delicious homemade lemon curd sandwiched between flaky pie crust. These lemon curd hand pies are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy!
Lemon Curd Hand Pies
(scroll down for the recipe)
Lemon Curd Hand Pies Printable Recipe
LEMON CURD HAND PIES
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan (except for the butter) and heat on med-high. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, scraping the sides as well, until it thickens and sticks to the spoon (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in butter, 1 T. at a time.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour before using. It will thicken and set up as it refrigerated.
- Mix flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with a pastry blender or two forks until it resembles coarse crumbs the size of peas.
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture along with oil and mix until all flour is moistened.
- Roll out dough 1/4″ thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Arrange half of your pie crust cutouts on parchment lined baking sheet.Add a small spoonful of curd and spread, leaving edges clear.
- Top with remaining pie crust cutouts. Seal edges by pressing down with a fork. Cut slits in the tops. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool.
You might also like these dessert recipes
Blueberry Scones with Lemon Icing: Blueberries, freshly squeezed lemons, and cold butter are the key ingredients to this deliciously light and fluffy blueberry scones recipe. Perfect to enjoy with a cup of herbal tea on a cold morning!
Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies: Thumbprint Lemon Bar Cookies are absolutely perfect, melt in your mouth, cookies.
Sour Cream Lemon Loaf: This bread combines lemon juice, lemon zest, and a punch of lemon extract for a bold flavor. And the icing? It has lemon in it as well, and really is the icing on the cake–err..loaf?
Here is a collection of hand pie recipes to make from Pillsbury!