Delicious homemade lemon curd sandwiched between flaky pie crust. These lemon curd hand pies are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy!
One of my FAVORITE things to make with fresh lemons is lemon curd. It is one of those things that might seem like it would be complicated to make, but is actually extremely simple. I juiced all of the lemons and put the juice in quart sized mason jars in my refrigerator. Now I have it on hand and ready to go anytime I need it.
You can find my homemade lemon curd recipe here, but I’ll also go ahead and let you know that I never make a single batch. Always a double batch so that I can put it on everything and share with friends. Lemon curd makes a delicious filling for cakes and cupcakes, a topping on sugar cookies, and the center for hand pies!
Lemon Curd Hand Pies
(scroll down for the recipe)
Lemon Curd Hand Pies Printable Recipe
LEMON CURD HAND PIES
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2-2/3 cup lemon curd
- Mix flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with a pastry blender or two forks until it resembles coarse crumbs the size of peas.
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture along with oil and mix until all flour is moistened.
- Roll out dough 1/4″ thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- Arrange half of your pie crust cutouts on parchment lined baking sheet.Add a small spoonful of lemon curd and spread, leaving edges clear.
- Top with remaining pie crust cutouts. Seal edges by pressing down with a fork. Cut slits in the tops. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until crust begins to brown. Cool.
Here is a collection of hand pie recipes to make from Pillsbury!