Items You’ll Need To Make An Ornament Wreath
Tips and Tricks for Making An Ornament Wreath
- String ornaments on the coat hanger randomly. Rotate the ornaments as you go so that they are not all facing the same direction (ex: some should be facing down, up, and in the center).
- Use more ornaments, hot glued, to fill in areas that need a bit more bulk.
- Avoid hot gluing ornaments that are glittery as they do not stick as well. You can string glittery ornaments on the coat hanger just fine.
- Use a variety or ornaments in a variety of sizes. Example: String 2 large ornaments and one medium to add a mixture. Hot glue small ones to fill in the gaps.
DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath
- wire cutters
- hot glue gun, optional
- coat hanger
- Christmas ornaments
- Bend coat hanger into a circular shape.
- Begin stringing ornaments onto coat hanger. Twist ornaments tightly around as you go so that they are not all facing the same direction.
- Fill in gaps by hot gluing smaller ornaments in the gaps.
- Twist coat hanger to close off wreath.
- Tie a large ribbon around wreath for hanging.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!