Make a darling penguin ornament craft out of a clear ornament! Add a hanger to use during the holidays, or keep it on a shelf. Kids will love making these cute penguins this winter!
If you like this cute penguin you’ll love our frozen banana penguins!
Could you just die with the cuteness of this craft, and that little boy reaching for it?! I couldn’t have planned that shot if I had tried. He was so excited about the little penguin craft that we made out of a clear ornament! I’ve had a box of these in my Christmas box for a couple of years and finally made something with them.
There are so many fun uses for clear ornaments. I like using the big ones to put small gifts inside and these little ones are great for smaller crafts.
This penguin ornament craft takes just minutes to make and uses basic craft supplies!
If you have felt, a pom pom, and hot glue, you are well on your way to making a whole variety of ornament animals!
Penguin Ornament Craft
- hot glue gun
- clear ornament
- small funnel
- fake Snow (Dollar Store)
- felt scraps
- 2 black pom poms
- googly eyes
- Remove the top of the ornament and use a small funnel to fill the ornament with fake snow/styrofoam. Replace top.
- Cut out a heart for the feet, a strip for the wings, and a small triangle for the beak.
- Hot glue the wings onto the top of the ornament. Add a drop of glue under each wing tip. Glue the feet on.
- Hot glue the pom pom onto the ornament. This is the back view. I left the hanger exposed so that we can add a hook if we want to hang it on the tree. But this little guy stands on his own so you can just skip that part and put him on a shelf.
- Hot glue the eyes beak, and ribbon scarf onto the penguin. You can also add a ribbon for hanging if you’d like.
- Place your cute penguin on the table and watch your toddler squeal and run to it!
More simple craft projects for kids that you’ll love!
Sock Snowman:A quick and easy sock snowman for kids to make. No sewing involved! Fill with rice or pillow stuffing for a darling stuffed toy!
Thumbprint Reindeer Ornament: Capture your child’s darling little thumbprint in this cute and easy reindeer thumbprint ornament! A quick, low-mess, activity for toddlers and preschoolers and one of my favorite ornaments currently hanging on our tree.
Candy Airplanes:These candy airplanes for kids are so fun to make. Great for class parties, birthday crafts and party favors—reminiscent of candy trains that we all loved making as children.
For another cute ornament, craft check out these pom pom teddy bears from Debbie at One Little Project. Aren’t they just darling?