2-ingredient homemade thin mints! So quick and easy. Taste just like grasshopper or thin mint cookies and are made with Ritz crackers!
Watch our step by step video!
Homemade Thin Mint Cookies
It’s that time of year—Girl Scout cookie season. I know you can buy replicas at the grocery store, but I like supporting my cute neighbors and always buy a few boxes when they come knocking. That being said, grasshopper cookies (thin mints) are SO EASY to make a home, and I’m not talking from scratch. I’ve done that before and they ARE NOT WORTH the effort. But these shortcut grasshopper cookies? They are SO easy to make and are made from Ritz crackers.
Side note, what should I even call these? Grasshopper cookies or Thin Mints? I recently learned that they are made IN THE SAME FACTORY—so I guess it doesn’t matter what you call them.
Homemade Thin Mints Ingredients
- 10 oz. bag Andes Baking Chips (in creme de menthe or peppermint)
- 36 Ritz crackers
How To Make The Easiest Thin Mint Cookies
Microwave Andes baking chips in the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir until remaining unmelted chips are melted and smooth.
Dip Ritz crackers in melted chocolate using a fork. Tap fork against the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
Place cookies on a parchment or wax paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
If adding sprinkles do this before the chocolate sets up.
Store thin mints in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Alternate Method: You can also make these with chocolate chips! Melt a bag of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two of coconut oil, and a teaspoon of peppermint extract (or 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint oil) in the microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Dip crackers in chocolate and set them on wax or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
Easiest Homemade Thin Mints Recipe
Homemade Thin Mints
- 1 10 oz. package Andes baking chips
- 32-36 Ritz crackers
- Microwave Andes baking chips in a microwave safe bowl for 60 seconds. The baking chips won't be all the way melted, but that's ok. Start stirring and they'll finish melting. Stir until smooth.
- Dip crackers into chocolate and flip over. Use a fork to dip crackers and tap fork on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place dipped crackers onto a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- As the cookies cool the chocolate will harden.