Sparkly, sweet smelling soap recipe inspired by Sofia the First and friends! These melt and pour glycerin soaps are simple enough for children to help make and are perfect for washing hands! Thank you, Disney Junior, for sponsoring our creativity. This post contains affiliate links.
They made waffles with berries and cream for lunch, played “hotel” (pretending to stay in a fancy hotel on vacation), and made this darling gem soap recipe inspired by Sofia the First and her friends.
Both of my girls love Sofia the First. We wanted to make something special when Abby came over. We made a stop at our local craft store to get craft supplies and found everything we needed to make these sparkly gem soaps. We’ve only ever made the melt and pour soaps. They are extremely easy to customize with endless combinations of colors and scents. We’ll show you how to make your own!
Make Your Own Sofia the First Gem Soap
Sofia the First Amulet Gem Soap
- glass or plastic measuring cup
- small baking sheet
- Start by cutting your soap base into cubes. Put the desired amount of cubes into a microwaveable measuring cup (glass works great, but we used plastic this time). Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Continue microwaving in 10-second intervals until completely melted.
- Stir in a few pinches of glitter.
- Add drops of soap coloring until you reach the desired tint! (We used inexpensive soap fragrance drops from the craft store. You can use essential oils as well. Add a few drops, stir, and continue until your soap recipe smells nice and sweet. We used a mixed berry scent.)
- Place your soap mold on a baking sheet and pour melted soap mixture into the mold.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pop the homemade soaps out of the mold.
I absolutely love how this cold soap recipe turned out and the girls did too!
They made extras and delivered them to friends. We had fun making different shades by adjusting the amount of coloring that we used. I really love the dark jewel toned ones.
Want another easy craft for girls? Make this DIY Sweet Orange Bath Bomb Recipe in any color or scent they like!
This is a refresh of a post originally shared in 2017.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!