Watch our step by step video!
Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
Homemade Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- Mix water/yeast. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes or until it is foamy.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Slowly add water/yeast mixture and mix until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Spray bowl with non stick cooking spray and return dough to bowl. Cover loosely with a towel and let raise until doubled, about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make a bath for the pretzels by combining the baking soda with hot water and stir until soda is mostly dissolved (it won't dissolve completely).
- Roll out dough into a long rectangle (about 12"x24"). Using a pizza cutter, cut into small 2" sections. Dip each dough square into the water/soda bath and place on a greased baking sheet. If you are making salted or garlic pretzels, sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 4 minutes, then rotate pan and bake another 4 minutes.
Original Pretzel Bites
For your basic salted pretzels, sprinkle pretzel dough with kosher salt BEFORE baking. When they come out of the oven, brush with melted butter. Looking for some creative dipping sauces for your soft baked pretzels? Here are 5 easy dipping sauce recipes in 5 minutes from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.