Auntie Anne’s copycat no boil soft baked pretzels are so delicious and easy to make. Make pretzel shapes or pretzel bites in a variety of flavors!
Watch our step by step video!
No Boil Pretzels
No Boil Soft Baked Pretzels: Auntie Anne’s Copycat
No Boil Soft Baked Pretzels Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1 T. plus 1/4 tsp. yeast
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups plus 2 T powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil plus more for oiling bowl
- butter for brushing
- kosher salt
- cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling optional
- 2 c. hot water
- 1/4 c. baking soda
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a small bowl or cup. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add water with yeast and vegetable oil. Stir with a spoon and then use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Knead the dough 5 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Dough will be nice and smooth when it's ready. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover it, and store it in a warm place for 45 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- When dough has risen, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make a bath for the pretzels by combining the baking soda with the hot water and stir until baking soda is mostly dissolved.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into 12 pieces.
- Shape the soft baked pretzels as follows:
- Roll each section into a long 24" rope.
- Bring the ends up and twist twice.
- Bring the ends down and pinch firmly.
- Dip each pretzel into the bath solution. Drip dry. Arrange on 2 cookie sheets that have been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- If you want salted pretzels, sprinkle pretzels with kosher salt. Don't salt any pretzels that you plan to coat with cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake one pan at a time. Bake 5 minutes, then spin the pan halfway around and bake another 4 or 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
- If you want the cinnamon/sugar coating, brush with butter and sprinkle heave coating of cinnamon/sugar onto the entire surface of the pretzel.
How many pretzels does one batch make?
Can I use this no boil soft baked pretzels recipe to make pretzel bites?
What do you put on soft baked pretzels?
Do I need to use an egg wash to get golden brown pretzels?
How do you reheat a soft pretzel?
Looking for some creative dipping sauces for your soft baked pretzels? Here are 5 easy dipping sauce recipes in 5 minutes from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.